This page is still under construction
The Bai Project consists of a group of East Asian nations set in Northern Archanta. The project, besides the Chinese homeland of the Bai Empire, will include the homelands for the Koreans and Japanese (Gohanguk and Ninwa) and possible outlying territories beyond the current heavenly realm.
The project will be launched in three phases. Currently, the, which consists of 13 provinces and 3 municipalities, is available for mapping and collaboration. Anyone with a background and understanding of Chinese culture and history is welcome to join in the project. Interested mappers can claim a territory of their own, or sign up to be part of the following three collaborative projects:
- Its capital, 雄京 Xiongjing (marked purple on the map), is the cultural and political centre of the Empire. The capital will feature a "forbidden city" and a few historical sites, alongside "modern" government institutes like the upper and lower houses of the legislature and other government offices. The city is the latest capital to be constructed in the 18th century, still featuring old architecture but modernising into the present age
- 日庆 Riqing (marked red in the top left corner) will be the more "modern" city in the region of Phase I, based on Tianjin. A key commercial centre on the northern coast, it offers an opportunity for rail enthusiasts to work on a possible extensive rail network for a major town.
- 东海港 Port Dunghoi (meaning East Sea Port, marked in orange) will be a major port of the empire. It will be modelled mainly on Guangzhou (like plenty of manufacturing zones), but the coastal areas could be inspired by Macau and Hong Kong. A major port on the west coast, the city and the surrounding region of Dong'an will be Cantonese speaking.
The description of the 13 provinces is as follows. Each province has a suggested level of development, with different recommendations for mappers interested in adopting a province. In addition to the above three collaborative projects,
- Level 1 provinces are the least-developed provinces in the Bai Empire. The largest town in each Level 1 province is expected to be roughly 100,000 residents, with a total population of about 500,000 residents.
- Level 2 provinces are somewhat more developed than Level 1 provinces, but are still primarily rural. These provinces may include some light industrial uses (factories, manufacturing, warehouses, etc.) near their largest town of +/- 200,000 residents. Level 2 provinces as a whole are expected to have fewer than 1,000,000 residents.
- Level 3 provinces are the most developed provinces in the Empire, containing at least one major settlement. Each city has a population of up to 750,000 residents. These provinces are also assumed to include an airport and at least one state university.
Other important details
The Empire, unless otherwise stated, will be mapped in Chinese using simplified characters. Unless mapping in a dialect-speaking region, there will be no romanisation of the mapped places.
A detailed nationwide motorway and railway plan will be out soon. The Empire will be left hand driving.